Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Community Services Manager - Adult Social Care
£54,764 - £63,862
16 January 2023
27 January 2023
We're looking for a Community Services Manager (Adult Social Care) to join our team.
To be responsible for the management, delivery and development of a high quality integrated community based health and social care service. This will include ensuring the delivery of quality outcome indicators, performance targets and financial balance in community nursing, social care and therapy services.
To be operationally responsible for Adult Social Care across Torbay. Working with Health and Social Care leads to ensure all statutory social care responsibilities are met through high quality service delivery.
Main duties of the job
To actively pursue opportunities for integrated working, and service development, by building and maintaining effective working relationships with all the GP practices with which their services are linked.
To ensure that all staff adopt and maintain a person centred approach to the development and delivery of high quality care and uphold the principle that each individual is at the centre of our services and the care they require.
To actively promote partnerships with local statutory, voluntary and independent sector organisations.
To participate actively in the development of the objectives and priorities adopted by the Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust and Torbay Council and provide leadership to ensure staff understand the need to adopt and adhere to the outcomes agreed. To set new goals and priorities for Adult’s Social Care and support the management of change in order to achieve these goals.
To have responsibility for the social care workforce to ensure that all staff are appropriately line managed, supervised and supported in accordance with the relevant policies of the employing agencies and best practice.
Working for our organisation
Our vision is a community where we are all supported and empowered to be as well and as independent as possible, able to manage our own health and wellbeing, in our own homes. When we need care we have choice about how our needs are met, only having to tell our story once. To achieve our vision we need all staff to own and live our organisational values;
- Working together for people
- Commitment to quality care
- Improving lives
- Everyone counts
- Respect and dignity
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)
The Government has formally announced that it intends to introduce regulations that will require most healthcare workers to be fully vaccinated (1st and 2nd dose) against COVID-19 by 1st April 2022. To achieve this the successful applicant must have had their 1stCOVID-19 vaccination by 3rd February 2022. Therefore, full COVID-19 vaccination will be a condition of employment unless an individual is medically exempt. We will ask for proof of vaccination or exemption during the recruitment process.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
Qualifications and training
• A recognised Social Work Qualification
• Registered with Social Work England
• Masters level management qualification or able to demonstrate competence to this level through experience
Knowledge and experience
• In depth knowledge of Health and Social care
• In depth knowledge of the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act and all legislation relating to Adult Social Care functions
• High level communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Able to work at strategic, tactical and operational levels
• Excellent financial management skills
• Coaching, networking and systems thinking
• Compassionate leadership
• Able to build commitment to shared purpose
• Legislative framework for delivery of health and social care
• Local Care Model
• Self- managing teams/systems
• IT skills and familiarity Microsoft Office and other associated IT packages
• Providing positive leadership during transformational change
• Experience of change management / service transformation
• Able to enthuse, motivate, empower and involve individuals and teams
• Proactive approach
• Demonstrates active promotion of own wellbeing and wellbeing of colleagues and all staff
• Able to coach others in complex decision making
• Background in community care
• Experience of management at Band 8 or above. Working in complex and uncertain environments
You will be joining the organisation at an exciting time. As the first fully integrated care organisation in England, we are working to improve the way we deliver safe, high-quality health and social care. We have a positive and vibrant working atmosphere, We are proud of our investment in our staff both in terms of developing potential career skills and valuing people.
If you provide support to a family member or friend with health or care needs, we aim to be a Carer-friendly employer. We have a ‘Staff Carers’ policy which includes flexible working where possible and a Carer’s Passport scheme that links you into support and discounts.
For more information on why to work with us, please see our Welcome films in the Further Links sections to the right of this page. #seeyouinsouthdevon
- We reserve the right to close vacancies early if we receive a high volume of applications. Please apply promptly
- Please read the job description and tailor your application to reflect the role
- Correspondence will be via Trac, text and email. Please check your email and Trac account regularly.
- Applicants with no previous NHS experience will ordinarily be appointed to the minimum of the band
- If you have not received an invitation to interview within 28 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
- It is your responsibility to assist us in the timely receipt of appropriate references
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.