Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Assessment & Reconnection Worker – Street Outreach Service
£29,703 - £33,289
2 July 2021
13 July 2021
Are you interested in supporting people at immediate risk of rough sleeping and making a real difference to the lives of people who are homeless?
St Mungo’s is at the forefront of supporting people experiencing homelessness.
Our work is more crucial now than ever before as we support our clients throughout the pandemic and ensure as many people as possible receive a rapid response, a full assessment of their needs and an offer of help to move away from the dangers of rough sleeping.
The Westminster Assessment and Triage team provide a rapid response service, intervening to ensure no one needs to sleep rough, our work is ongoing and we are currently looking an inspirational individual to join the Westminster Street Outreach Service (SOS) as an Assessment and Reconnection Worker, you will:
– Be part of a busy team environment working closely with those affected by rough sleeping, you will carry out comprehensive assessments of people who have been rough sleeping.
– Provide a personalised case management service to clients, turning assessment recommendations into practical action plans which fully involves the client.
– Build and maintain effective relationships to support clients throughout their recovery.
– Develop a knowledge of relevant legislation such as, welfare benefit and housing legislation.
These roles will suit people with experience of working at pace in a public facing environment with the ability to adapt to new situations; as well as:
– Some understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerable people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services.
– Good communication skills and the ability to work with others whilst managing your own time.
– The ability to manage complex behaviours and to deal with people who may be in a difficult personal or emotional situation.
– The ability to empower individuals to make positive changes and a willingness to develop these valuable skills.
– Above all we are looking for inspirational, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to rebuild their lives in these key roles; many of our managers began their careers as an Assessment and Reconnection Worker.
We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this.
82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work. We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019, 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
For this role staff can claim an additional 20% pay premium for hours worked between 8pm and 8am Monday to Friday, and all hours worked on Saturday and Sunday.
St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector.
We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions.
As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
Closing date: 10am on 13 July 2021
Interview and assessments on: 22-23 July 2021
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.