Who we are
Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
£25,731 - £27,640
2 July 2021
25 July 2021
We are excited to deliver a service in Enfield working at the forefront of tackling homelessness in London.
Working with the Housing Options teams, these services will support single adults to help prevent or relieve their homelessness and then sustain their tenancies.
SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
As a Caseworker you will be responsible for assessing applicant's needs and then producing and delivering highly effective support plans, to achieve the applicant's housing goals.
To be part of our service we are looking for experienced and highly motivated individuals, who can hit the ground running and work to ensure that we really have an impact on our client’s lives.
To be successful you will have:
– An understanding of working in floating support services, with a demonstrable knowledge of Housing and other related legislation.
– Experience of delivering high quality, structured and time limited interventions that prevented or relieved homelessness.
– Experience of completing in depth assessments and producing planned co-produced support plans focused on setting and achieving goals.
– Ability to work in close partnership with external agencies and effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies; in order to establish or improve services for clients.
– Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
Closing date for applications: 25th July 2021 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: 6th August 2021
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
– A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
– A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
– 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
– A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
– Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
– Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
– SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and are IIP Silver accredited.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Who we are
Who we are
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
Who we are