Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Children Services Worker
£10.52 per hour
30 April 2022
12 May 2022
Are you looking for a part-time role to enhance your studies within Childcare, nursing, health or social care?
Do you like having fun, being part of a team and doing something different?
Are you looking for some experience in looking after children, or to fill some time with a rewarding part-time role?
Spare us five minutes, and we'll tell you what you need to know…
About Action for Children
At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. We're committed to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to thrive. We protect and support vulnerable children, young people and their families by giving them the practical and emotional care and support they need. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard, and campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
Bucks Activity Project provides community short breaks to children and young people aged 0-19 across Bucks, with disabilities and additional learning needs.
What you'll be doing:
- Building strong relationships with the children and young people you are working with, adapting your approach as needed.
- Providing a safe environment for children to have fun, try new experiences and thrive.
- Supporting our youngest children to access activities to meet their individual needs and interests, following the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Supporting our primary and secondary age children to take part in activities such as arts and crafts, cooking, team games, outdoor games and enhancing life skills. Supporting those that have chosen to take part in activities in the local community.
- Keeping records of children's development and learning.
- Carrying out personal care and administering medication (training provided)
What you will bring:
- Experience of working with children and young people.
- You will need to hold a Level 2 or above Early Years Childcare qualification (NNEB, CACHE, NVQ Level 2 or above in Childcare and Education) or a relevant qualification in youth work, education or children's services (desirable)
- Knowledge of disabilities/additional needs (desirable).
- A positive attitude and desire to give the best care to children and young people.
- Willingness to travel to local services and group activities in Buckinghamshire, and access to your own vehicle.
We offer comprehensive training to enhance your experience of working in children's services.
Also, we have attached some exciting information about our service and Year in Photos!
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. Given this and how having a diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Good luck! We can't wait to hear from you.
Application process: There are 5 sections for you to complete, Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration – please refer to the JD and Person Specification when applying. We want to know what unique qualities you can bring to help us reach our vision for children and families.
Talent pool: We're sure you've got what it takes to join our ambitious team. If you're unsuccessful this time around, we'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up that you might be better suited for. But, feel free to let us know if you'd rather we didn't do that.
If you need support with your application, please contact Sarah Manderfield on 01923 361743 or email email@example.com . Who will be happy to give you any support you require.
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook or YouTube.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Our year in photos
Our year in photos
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
Our year in photos