Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
£33,289 - £36,622
Hammersmith and Fulham
8 July 2021
20 July 2021
Are you passionate about making a lasting difference to the lives of vulnerable adults?
Edith Road is a 24-bed Project supporting men with medium-to-high support needs. Starlight Project is a six-bed, semi-independent Project for men with low support needs.
Both Projects are based in Hammersmith & Fulham and support residents’ physical and mental health, substance misuse, offending backgrounds and more.
The Project is a fast paced and varied work environment, focusing on education, training and employment outcomes and developing a PIE approach’ with a wide variety of clients from all walks of life.
You will be joining a friendly team dedicated to providing clients with a safe environment in which to build their confidence, promoting opportunities for positive change and supporting clients’ recovery journey and move on.
In this vital role you will support the Project Manager in ensuring the smooth daily running of the service and deputise in their absence for all matters relating to the management of the service.
You will also take a lead in client support, health and safety responsibilities, rota management, line management of staff and building relationships with external partners.
The post is flexi office hours, so you would not normally be expected to work weekends & bank holidays, but as a 24 hour staffed service there may be occasional evening or weekend work.
When on site at Edith Road you’ll always be with another worker in our friendly and supportive team, and will be supported around a positive work-life balance, as well as the necessary training and support to develop in this role.
We are looking for someone:
– with some experience of staff management or a demonstrable willingness and capacity to develop management skills, as well as experience of working in a busy client-facing environment. You will also have the ability to handle incidents assertively and support clients around behaviour change
– a proactive, empathetic, and flexible approach
– strong organisational, time management and leadership skills
What we offer
– We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
– We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
– Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
– We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
– For this role staff can claim an additional 20% pay premium for hours worked between 8pm and 8am Monday to Friday, and all hours worked on Saturday and Sunday.
– St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
– St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
Closing date: 10am on Wednesday 21 July 2021
Interview and assessments on: Monday 2 August 2021
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced/standard DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.