Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Duty Social Worker
24 February 2022
20 March 2022
We are looking for a Duty Social Worker to join our team.
As a ‘not for profit’ organisation, TACT put the needs of our children and carers first and look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about this as we are. We know that we cannot provide this level of care without our staff which is why we are proactive in looking after the wellbeing of our employees. As a homeworking organisation, we pride ourselves on the flexibility this brings, along with our flexible working opportunities to enable you to have a healthy work / life balance. We also provide a full and active wellbeing calendar and activities, along with your input to ensure you get the most from it.
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to invest unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for our TACT care experienced young people and adults, our expanding TACT Education Service and our new Health Service.
It is not surprising that this had led to us gaining 'outstanding’ levels of employee engagement in a recent Best Companies Survey this year. Come and join us and be part of our amazing team of professionals who put young people at the heart of every decision.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people. Find out more about our values here: https://www.tactcare.org.uk/about-us/
The overall purpose of the Duty Social Worker is to Co-ordination of the placement service offered to Local Authorities.
As a Duty Social Worker your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a support service to foster carers.
- Provide a duty service to Local Authority Social Workers in relation to current placements.
- Provide information and response service to prospective foster carers.
As a Duty Social Worker you will be required to have:
- A post-qualifying experience which should be in family placement work or post-qualifying experience in other childcare settings.
- A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development.
- Dip SW, CSS or CQSW qualification.
- Current Registration with Social Work England.
We accept applications from anyone registered with Social Work England regardless where they live. The areas which the Duty Social Worker will cover are: Wiltshire, Somerset, Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
An Enhanced DBS disclosure is also required, and this will be requested for you by TACT. The successful candidate will participate on the out of hours’ rota and will receive an out of hours’ allowance payment of £1,500 per annum once participating in the rota.
Working from Home:
TACT is a homebased workforce. We recognise the benefits that flexible home working creates for both the employer and the employee.
You will be required to attend team meetings in the South West region.
As a remote working organisation we are committed to work with our staff to enable consistent inclusion and engagement across the organisation to ensure the optimum standards of service for our carers and children.
The Duty Social Worker will be eligible for TACT's excellent benefits package which includes:
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working arrangements (including compressed hours, flexibility around core hours, volunteer days policy).
- Family friendly policies.
- Homeworking ‘bundle’ including annual allowance, IT equipment and a loan for office set up.
- Perkbox – retail discount scheme.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice).
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme (including CBT counselling, remote GP appointments, physiotherapy, mental health support and second opinions).
For further information please see the Job Description and the Benefits Booklet in attachment.
Closing: Sunday, 20th March 2022 (by midnight)
Interviews: Wednesday, 30th March 2022 (via video-call)
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.