Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Family Support Worker
£20,319 - £27,939
16 September 2021
12 October 2021
This is an exciting new opportunity for Catch22 with funding from Merseyside Police to be able to empower parents to help them understand the risks around child exploitation.
Catch22 build ‘trusted relationships’ with children and young people through our relational approach, however we want to extend this support to parents and siblings who are affected by criminal exploitation to safeguard their health, well-being, safety and to support them to understand grooming models and how they can better support one another. If this sounds like the right job for you then we would love to hear from you.
- To undertake one to one work with parents and siblings who are vulnerable to CE to inform a risk reduction plan.
- To work in partnership with Children’s Social Care and other agencies to facilitate support where child exploitation is highlighted as a risk.
- To offer Educational Awareness Raising within local authority areas, parents/carers and young people and to co facilitate child exploitation awareness training in partnership with LSCP’s where needed.
- To work in association with and support the Child Exploitation Pan Merseyside Protocol.
- To implement a Parenting Forum to ensure that peer support is available to parents so they are able to share their experiences and feel better supported and informed, in the knowledge that others had been or are going through the same experiences.
- To improve parent’s understanding of County Lines/ Criminal Exploitation.
- To improve young people’s health and well-being.
- To show reduction in risk of siblings becoming involved in criminal exploitation
- To improve relationships between family members
- Plan and deliver support interventions in accordance with Catch22 policies and procedures and local authority guidance, to ensure effective use of resources and targets are achieved.
- Identify and support access to additional or specialist services for young people and parents where necessary to ensure their needs are met and risks factors are reduced.
- Develop and sustain productive working relationships with referring agencies to ensure the regular and appropriate referrals are received.
- Record all intervention, contacts and multi-agency correspondence in accordance with the service specification within prescribed Management Information Systems
- Complete all required monitoring information by set timescales to assist the production of feedback reports to funders and stakeholders to track and monitor progress against outcome targets, KPIs etc.
Minimum 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, grade “C” or above
Full driving licence and access to own vehicle with business use.
At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 60,000 individuals from cradle to career.
Our service aims to prevent, reduce and stop child exploitation through awareness-raising amongst young people and their families. In addition we provide training for professionals including partner agencies, education placements, care home provisions and community settings.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
What we do
What we do
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
What we do