Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Head of Residential Services
£55k per year
1 November 2021
25 November 2021
We are looking for a Head of Residential Services.
We are Forward, the social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime or addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been helping people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends, and a sense of community.
What you will be doing?
Working for the Executive Director, Recovery (EDREC), responsible for a portfolio of residential services (Clouds House, Wiltshire and The Bridges, Hull), the Head of Residential Services has responsibility for the provision of leadership, direction, and management of a team of Treatment Managers to achieve the highest levels of performance to meet and exceed the Trust's quality standards, resulting in unmatched levels of support being provided to the clients within our care.
With property procurement experience and knowledge, will support the developing portfolio of Recovery Houses across the country that will provide safe and supported accommodation to Clients of the Forward Trust.
Providing support through client/family advocacy, ongoing assessment and evaluation, service coordination and care planning. The primary focus of this position is the quality of life of the residents to assist them in achieving “their best day”.
The Head of Residential Services will work collaboratively with other Heads of Service, Treatment Managers, Service Managers and staff to develop opportunities to enhance the charity’s mission and manage the performance of existing services.
What we are looking for?
- Along with the EDREC, set the strategic direction for Residential Substance Misuse Treatment Services (Named Services) across the organisation;
Line management of, and accountability for Treatment Managers of Named Services;
- To work closely with key-stakeholders for the Named Services; including clients, commissioners and managers;
- To work collaboratively with other Senior Managers, to provide focus and increased organisational resilience;
- To be responsible for the work of Residential Treatment Services Registered Managers and ensure that the strategy and plans for delivery of Residential Treatment Services are effective and of high quality.
- To develop a portfolio of recovery houses in line with the recovery support strategy.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of strategies and programming that assure high quality residential care while achieving short and long-term operational goals and objectives for the Named Services;
- To oversee the performance management of Named Services within area of responsibility;
- Identification of core business opportunities for promotion of, and development of Residential Treatment Services across the organisation, including internal referral where appropriate;
- To ensure ongoing quality assurance for the Named Services and for the organisation as a whole;
- To encourage and participate in business and service development where applicable.
What we offer:
- Training opportunities and career development
- Flexible working
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Head of residential pack
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
Head of residential pack