Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Lead Worker (Domestic Abuse Team)
18 June 2021
18 July 2021
Our Housing Support Lead Worker Service provides housing-related support for survivors of Domestic Abuse.
We support people to prevent the loss of their accommodation if it is at risk, or help them find/settle into suitable alternative accommodation.
We also work with key strategic partners to help address other social related issues, such as benefit/welfare reform processes, helping to maximise people’s incomes, signposting to relevant primary and secondary health care services, applying for court orders and more.
As Lead Worker, the successful applicant will be expected to
– Be motivated, committed and confident at liaising with other professionals.
– Be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
– Possess some understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services.
– Have the ability to empower individuals to make positive changes and a willingness to develop these valuable skills.
– Effectively manage their own caseloads and time.
– Provide individual, tailored support in accordance with the agreed support plan.
– Assess and manage risk.
– Maintain accurate records.
– Understand the importance of maintaining professional boundaries.
– Ensure safeguarding protocols are followed.
You will be part of a team reporting to a Team Leader and Service Manager.
We will provide a supportive work environment and appropriate IT equipment including a smart phone and laptop.
You will have the freedom to manage your caseload as you see fit, supporting your service users to achieve the best outcomes for them.
Working collaboratively with your colleagues and other agencies, you will receive regular supervision from your Team Leader who will be there to support and encourage you.
If you have any further questions relating to the Lead Worker vacancy please contact mark Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.