Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Refuge Children & Family worker
16 September 2021
28 September 2021
We are looking for a Refuge Children & Family worker to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work in partnership with mothers/carers to identify children and young
people’s support needs and to ensure those needs are met.
- To undertake needs analysis for each child and young person, to ascertain
the level of support needed and the type of activities required to meet their
- To develop and deliver a comprehensive programme of one-to-one and group
therapeutic and play sessions, and shared activities within refuge.
- To provide school holiday play schemes in refuge.
- To supervise and accompany children and young people on trips and visits
outside of refuge.
- To provide one to one support and family support with families living in the
- To seek approval of all programmes with the refuge manager and ensure that
these are discussed with other relevant members of the staff team before
- To participate in the development of informative literature for women and
children, including a children’s introduction pack, which is to be kept up-todate.
- To purchase/hire such equipment as necessary to undertake programmes
within budgetary constraints and with approval from the refuge manager.
- To carry out appropriate methods of communication with women, children and
young people living in refuge to keep them informed about opportunities and
updates on work that is taking place, including house meetings.
- To carry out detailed monitoring and evaluation of all support work, and keep
an accurate record of notes and comments in line with relevant legislation.
- To communicate regularly with mothers/carers about the work with their
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.