Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Resettlement Support Worker
£26,000 - £29,000
3 October 2021
16 October 2021
We are looking for a Resettlement Support Worker to join our team.
About the role:
Based within the Supported Accommodation team, this role will provide flexible housing-related support to vulnerable clients across the Integrated Rough Sleepers Support Service pathway to enable individuals to set up and maintain their own accommodation independently and safely.
The role will also provide intensive short-term resettlement support to clients moving from various temporary accommodation settings into the private rented sector. Support will include the transition from our accommodation to the new tenancy, proactively working with the landlords through the first 6 months of the tenancy. The support will be person-centered specific to the resident and designed to develop independent living skills that enable them to maintain their tenancies and connect with community resources.
Please note that this role is permanent, on a full-time basis. The minimum starting salary is £26,000 per annum and the maximum starting salary is £29,000 per annum.
Other responsibilities include:
- To carry a caseload of residents which may include those with complex needs.
- To develop a relationship of trust and transparency with residents.
- To develop implement review and evaluate move on plans for residents that contributes to the resident’s resilience and independent living skills.
- Providing information, advice, and guidance to residents enabling them to sustain tenancies.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with landlords.
- A working understanding of rent arrears.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people presenting significant levels of need and risk, with an ability to devise and deliver on action plans through high-quality risk and needs assessment.
- A current understanding of safeguarding procedures.
- A demonstrable level of experience and understanding of the range of approaches appropriate to working with challenging behaviour including current drug /or alcohol use, antisocial behaviour, offending, substance misuse, and complex needs.
- Working knowledge of being able to support clients into supported accommodation and/or other floating support services, with a demonstrable understanding of Housing and other related legislation.
- Ability to be mobile and to travel across London to support the work with our residents.
- Able to work flexibly and at weekends if required.
Desirable but not essential:
- Successful track record in using online communication tools and digital platforms to support vulnerable adults.
- Qualifications relevant to social work or supporting vulnerable adults (18 to 65).
When applying don't forget to answer the questions in our application process to tell us more about how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience to be successful in this role.
At Caritas Anchor House, we are proud of our inclusive workplace where we celebrate difference, value everyone’s contribution, and where people of all backgrounds and cultures can thrive. We do not accept discrimination or harassment, and all our recruitment decisions are based on fair and open competition, with appointments on merit. We are committed to growing our workplace further by making sure that our teams are as diverse and inclusive as they can be. We welcome applications from everyone and encourage people with lived experience of homelessness, a disability, and from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply. This is to ensure we are taking positive action in order to achieve our legitimate aim of a balanced representation in our teams, at all levels. We want to foster a culture in which everyone is united around our shared mission and values, and in which our people are active participants in our success.
Please note that we only accept applicants with the Right to Work in the UK. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.