Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
SANEline Support Officer
Initial one-year contract, subject to six months’ probationary period
£23k to £25k
25 May 2022
SANE, St. Mark’s Studios, 14 Chillingworth Road, Islington, London, N7 8QJ
7 June 2022
We have an exciting opportunity within a growing service for a Support Officer to deliver emotional support through calls, emails, and other means to people affected by mental illness, and to work alongside and mentor our skilled volunteers.
You will support people with a range of mental health-related needs, working in a
high-quality service, providing written and verbal support to people asking for help.
As Support Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering support through calls, emails, and texts to anyone affected by mental illness
- Creating a safe and supportive team environment with volunteers
- Debriefing volunteers on their work with callers
- Working as part of a team to build understanding and use your knowledge and experience to ensure our callers are effectively supported
You will have experience of:
- Working to support people with a range of mental health related needs
- Being in a service with volunteers at the heart of delivery where you have supported volunteers to deliver a high-quality service
- Providing high-quality written and verbal support to people asking for help
The successful candidate will:
- Be a compassionate, empathetic person who has a friendly and warm nature
- Work with distressing and challenging content, support callers with complex needs and ensure self-care
- Have good general knowledge of the mental health system, access, treatment and common relevant legislation and awareness of available support structures for people with mental illnesses and carers
Please complete the application form telling us how your experience and skills meet the person specification and why you want to work for SANE, and return to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, quoting ‘Support Officer’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: 9am on Tuesday 7 June 2022.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
How we help
How we help
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
How we help