Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Senior Supervising Social Worker
13 March 2022
23 March 2022
We are looking for a Senior Supervising Social Worker to join our team.
As a ‘not for profit’ organisation, TACT puts the needs of our children and carers first and look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about fostering as we are. We know that we cannot provide exceptional levels of care without our staff which is why we prioritise their wellbeing. As a homeworking organisation, we pride ourselves on our flexible working opportunities, an extensive wellbeing programme and our benefits package, all curated to support a healthy work life balance for all our staff.
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to invest unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for care experienced young people and adults, our expanding TACT Education Service and our newly established Health Service.
It is not surprising that in October 2021 the Times 100 Best Companies Survey evidenced “outstanding” levels of engagement amongst our staff and that we are currently listed as 16th in the UK’s Best Mid-Sized Companies across all industries and the 4th Best Charity to work for in 2022. Come and join us and be part of our amazing team of professionals whose vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people. Find out more about our values here: https://www.tactcare.org.uk/about-us/
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working arrangements (including compressed hours, flexibility around core hours, volunteer days policy).
- Family friendly policies.
- Homeworking ‘bundle’ including annual allowance of £750, IT equipment and a loan for home office set up.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice) and life insurance from day one.
- Employee Assistance Programme (including free CBT counselling, remote GP appointments, physiotherapy, mental health support and second opinions).
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities.
Main role requirements:
- Post qualifying experience in family placement work or post qualifying experience in other child care settings.
- A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development.
- Experience of group work and/or delivery of training.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation including the Fostering National Minimum Standards and Fostering regulations.
- Experience of working with/supporting looked after children and their foster carers.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and self organise efficiently.
- Capable of using electronic records systems and IT effectively, including participating in virtual meetings and webinars.
In addition to the annual salary the fostering social worker post is paid £1,500 p.a. OOH Allowance and £500 p.a. Placements Allowance once the successful candidate is participating in the rota. The successful candidate will also receive London Weighting, if living in a London Borough.
You will need to have a BA or MA in Social Work to be a qualified and registered with Social Work England. An Enhanced DBS clearance is also required and will be processed by TACT on your behalf.
Please see the Job Information Pack and Job Description for further information.
Closing: Midnight - Sunday 20th March 2022
Interviews: Monday 28th March 2022 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.