Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
£30,323 - £41,024,
23 February 2022
3 March 2022
We are looking for a Service Manager to join our team.
Catch22 is a social business with the heart of a charity and the mindset of a business, and we’re on a mission to build stronger communities and empower young people and families through social action, rehabilitation services, justice reform, and education. We exist to ensure that these public services are accessible to everyone, as we help build a society where everyone has a good place to live, good people around them, and a fulfilling purpose. We call these our ‘3Ps’.
This role is focused on our Young People and Families contracts in the London Borough of Merton. These currently consist of “Merton Risk and Resilience”, a service aiming to reduce harm and promote resilience in young people at risk from / who have been experiencing substance misuse, exploited, or reported missing from home or care through individual support plans that increase engagement and promote healthy choices. It also includes “The Wimbledon Foundation Counselling Service”, a school-based counselling service aimed at those between 11 and 16 years of age who have been identified as requiring a 1:1 intervention for a range of emotional health issues and / or as part of dealing with the impact of their parents / siblings substance misuse.
Reporting to the Assistant Director Young People and Families, as a Service Manager you’ll take responsibility for the strategic development and operational management of our Young People and Families contracts in the London Borough of Merton. You’ll achieve this by:
Recruiting, managing, motivating, coaching a team
Managing the service budget whilst ensuring local resources are utilised
Leading the delivery of high-quality services and addressing any areas of underperformance
Promoting and embedding our vision and values in local service delivery
Ensuring all service user data is recorded on our data management system, and reports are provided
Ensuring that all safeguarding processes are followed, managing operational risk, health and safety, governance, etc.
Seeking out ways to improve our services, working with the Business Development Team to develop new bids
Collaborating and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Ensuring that all service users are considered in service planning, encouraging participation, and ensuring accessibility to support and services
Travel will be required across the borough, along with occasional evening and weekend working.
Click here for full job description and person specification
· Experience gained managing a similar project, with line management responsibilities
· Experience gained budgeting and / or managing finances in a work setting
· Experience gained working with young people with knowledge of substance misuse and / or child exploitation
· Working knowledge of the education system, engagement strategies, and children’s services / policies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships
· Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Although not essential, a management qualification and / or NVQ Level 3 / 5 in Health and Social Care or a similar subject would be advantageous.
· Salary in the region of £30,323 and £41,024, level dependent on experience
· Permanent contract, working 37 hours per week from our offices in Merton
· Flexible working options available, with ad hoc homeworking possible and flexible working requests met with a willingness to approve where service delivery allows
· 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 33 days plus bank holidays after 5 years
· Enhanced workplace pension with 4% employer contribution
· Discounts for over 1,400 retailers and gym memberships
· Life insurance x3 salary
· Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
· Access to health and wellbeing benefits, including GP helpline, reimbursed eye tests, and a cycle to work scheme
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.