Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
10 September 2021
20 September 2021
We are looking for someone to manage all refuge services in line with Refuge’s policies and procedures and quality management system.
- The post holder will provide line management and support to staff. This will include providing supervision on complex casework issues such as child protection, overseeing operational emergencies and ensuring high standards of housing management.
- The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring that contractual and other funding requirements are met fully and that Refuge’s high quality standards are maintained. The role may involve visiting potential sites and contributing to the establishment of new services in conjunction with the development team.
- The job involves working closely with staff that support abused women and their children in crisis using our services. As a member of the management team, the post holder will be required to participate with other managers in an out-of-hours management service.
Essential Skills or Experience
- You will be a strong and effective communicator and have practical experience of managing a women’s refuge and/or supported accommodation.
- You will also have extensive experience of sensitively assessing and responding to the needs and risks of women and children experiencing domestic violence. The successful candidate will also have significant experience of managing complex casework, including issues such as child abuse, mental health, substance abuse, working with trauma in adults and children and crisis intervention along with significant proven experience of providing direct emotional and practical support to people seeking support/advice e.g. via social services, residential work or the voluntary sector
- All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to the feminist values of empowerment and equality which underpin all of our work. Successful applicants will be expected to work within Refuge’s Values and Behaviour Framework and demonstrate these in their everyday work.
Desirable Skills or Experience
- Refuge offers: a competitive salary with annual progression within points of the salary grade; 28 days annual leave increasing to 30 days; a pension scheme that includes a 6% employer contribution; as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
Closing Date: 9:00am 20th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
An enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate will be required for this role.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.