Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Social Work Team Leader
Manchester - Christie Hospital
3 May 2022
Hybrid - part home, part site
18 May 2022
We are looking for a Social Work Team Leader to join our team.
Our work is rewarding but also complex and demanding; you will need to be resourceful and resilient.
We are looking for a social work qualified experienced people manager to take responsibility for operational management and development of our social work services.
You will ensure that effective services are delivered to children and young people with cancer and their families through the professional supervision of our staff group, working across split sites.
You will have:
- A minimum 4 years’ experience of working with children and young people including complex case work and risk assessment and care planning, caseload management and interagency working
- Experience of managing safeguarding for children and vulnerable adults, legislation, procedures and best practice
- Experience of supervising students and / or staff in a social care setting
- Experience of delivering support to young people and families via different mediums including individuals, groups and digital delivery.
- A proven ability to manage expectations of key stakeholders including staff and service users
- You must hold an appropriate social work qualification.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
Interview date: Within the week commencing 9th May 2022
What we offer
In return for your commitment, we offer a great reward package, which includes generous annual leave entitlement, enhanced pension and employee savings scheme. To find out more about our benefits package, have a look on our website:
At Young Lives vs Cancer, we recognise that opportunities for too many people remain a condition of their race, class, sex, disability, sexual orientation – or a combination. This has never been acceptable to us as an organisation. At Young Lives vs Cancer, we do not just accept difference — we value it, we celebrate it, we nurture it, and we thrive off it. We positively welcome your application irrespective of your background.
We are on a journey, and if you join us, you will be part of a community that is committed make a difference to the lives of children and young people with cancer.
Young Lives vs Cancer is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Work for us
Work for us
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
Work for us