Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Social Work Team Leader
29 July 2022
Hybrid - part home, part site
17 August 2022
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new team and really make your mark, leading the way in providing the best service possible for the children and young people who need us the most.
When a child is diagnosed with cancer life becomes full of fear, for them and their family. Fear of treatment, but also of families being torn apart, overwhelming money worries, of having nowhere to turn, no one to talk to.
At Young Lives vs Cancer, we help families find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them. And you could be a part of the team making it happen.
Our work is rewarding but also complex and demanding; you will need to be resourceful and resilient.
Due to retirement, an exciting opportunity has arisen to lead and develop a social work service for children and young people with cancer in Leeds.
We are looking for a social work qualified experienced people manager to take responsibility for operational management and development of our social work services.
You will ensure that effective services are delivered to children and young people with cancer and their families through the professional supervision of our staff group, working across split sites.
You will have:
- You must hold an appropriate social work qualification
- A minimum 4 years’ experience of working with children and young people including complex case work and risk assessment and care planning, caseload management and interagency working
- Experience of managing safeguarding for children and vulnerable adults, legislation, procedures and best practice
- Experience of supervising students and / or staff in a social care setting • Experience of delivering support to young people and families via different mediums including individuals, groups and digital delivery.
- A proven ability to manage expectations of key stakeholders including staff and service users
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
What we offer:
In return for your commitment, we offer a great reward package, which includes generous annual leave entitlement, enhanced pension and employee savings scheme. To find out more about our benefits package, have a look on our website:
We recognise that opportunities for too many people remain a condition of their race, class, sex, disability, sexual orientation – or a combination. This has never been acceptable to us as an organisation. At Young Lives vs Cancer, we do not just accept difference — we value it, we celebrate it, we nurture it, and we thrive off it.
We positively welcome your application irrespective of your background. We are on a journey, and if you join us, you will be part of a community that is committed make a difference to the lives of children and young people with cancer.
Young Lives vs Cancer is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.