Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
6 August 2021
17 September 2021
We are looking for someone with an inspiring and creative personality to work as part of a team within the Lambeth Mental Health Floating Support Service. You will work with clients diagnosed with a mental health condition and living within the borough of Lambeth in their own homes.
The role of the support worker is to enable our customers to develop greater independence and fulfilling lives. As part of your role you will be required to oversee all Support planning, updating Risk management plans, and see customers on a weekly basis.
Enabling customers to improve their overall well being, through maintaining good physical and mental health, motivating customers to part take in social activity, and supporting customers to identify goals to improve their quality of life. Ensuring customers have applied for the correct benefits; customers are managing their rent and bills, and maintaining their home to a good standard.
Applicants require a good standard of English and Maths, and established IT skills in the workplace, to support the multiply IT systems we use within the organisation. We are looking for staff members who are motivated and keen to positively engage with our customers.
- To offer specialist support to a caseload of people within the locality focused on enabling people to address practical, social & emotional issues, including benefit advice, housing advice & social inclusion.
- Joint working cases with mental health professionals and social workers within the localities.
- Supporting people in the community to increase their independence and social functioning; including accompanying to community activities and graded exposure.
- Signposting people to other community services to best meet their need.
- Identify local community resources that would benefit people
- Completing referrals.
- Safeguarding is everybody's responsibility; raising alerts within the locality and supporting the investigation / information gathering as required. Participate in a locality team, providing mutual support to colleagues
- Participating in a weekly casework management meeting, including discussing people seen for initial conversations, clients of concern, safeguarding cases.
- Ensuring timely recording on Inform records for caseload of people.
- Other administrative work including writing letters, emails and associated casework.
- Participating in the service duty rota.
- Good understanding of key skills required to support customers with Mental Health difficulties.
- Ability to listen and learn within the role.
- Develop a flexible way of working, responding to demands and challenges of the role.
- Develop good working relationships with your colleagues within Look Ahead and external Partners
- Ability to learn and use multiply IT systems
- Work in an efficient and effective way to achieve a high standard of outcome.
- Good understanding of staff boundaries
- Ability to motivate and inspire to achieve a good outcome with your customers
- Create good working relationships, be approachable and reliable
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in Mental Health Services
- Good Standard of English and Maths
- Good IT skills
- Good Listening and Communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to learn and develop with your role
- Leadership role/ positon of responsibility
- Knowledge of mental health medication
- Experience of accommodation based services/ housing management.
- Experience of working with multi disciplinary teams
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.