Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
£43,200 - £46,700
26 July 2021
6 August 2021
We are looking for a SWE registered Team Manager. The ideal candidate will be positive, motivational and knowledgeable with the ability to lead and support our six Social Workers in our child centered fostering agency. The successful candidate will have experience of fostering, management and supporting change. They will be joining a small family-feel agency with no aspirations of world domination, with carer households capped at 60 in order to maintain our family ethos where everyone is someone and everybody matters. As our name suggests we prioritise the needs of children and young people. In addition to our Social Work team we employ a Youth Support Team to work directly with young people, and a full time DDP therapist based in our office. We operate utilising a Therapeutic Parenting model informed by DDP, PACE and Social Pedagogy. We only have one office in Bromsgrove which is where the role will be based. We have been operating flexibly according to the needs of the service (Covid) etc but are now moving back to flexible office working as we encourage staff to maintain a work/life balance.
Overview of role and responsibilities:
• To provide support, supervision and leadership to fostering social workers
• Work closely with the Registered Manager and deputies when required
• To work closely with any external agencies
• To contribute to the development of the fostering service
• To oversee Fostering Assessments and Independent Assessors
• Ensure that practice meets the required standards within the agency
• Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required.
• To be part of the out of hours manager back up rota
You will be a qualified social worker and possess:
• Current SWE registration
• Experience within fostering
• Experience of managing a small team or transferable skills
• A car owner / driver
Some flexible working may be needed in order to attend emergencies or to participate in the manager duty rota as required. Salary is between £43,200 - £46,700 (experience dependent) + mileage at 45ppm + 6% matched pension + benefits
We are a lovely small agency where carer caseloads are capped at manageable levels so we can focus on achieving excellence for our children and young people.
For further information, a job description and a confidential chat around the role, please contact Jay Wilsdon in confidence on 07494 413019.
Currently most staff are home based in line with government recommendations. We provide PPE and encourage social distancing. We are responsible for safeguarding vulnerable children so visits are still undertaken where it is safe to do so
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.