Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Youth Development Lead
6 month contract
£20,300 - £24,350
Wickford, Essex, Brighton, Brighton and Hove, Ipswich, Suffolk
10 September 2021
26 September 2021
The Prince’s Trust is excited to be recruiting passionate people across the UK to work with, and support, young people via the Government’s new Kickstart scheme! The Kickstart Scheme is the UK government’s flagship employability scheme for young people in response to the COVID pandemic and provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16-24 year olds on Universal Credit. For further information on this, please click here. (this will open in a new window).
As a Youth Development Lead, you will deliver a combination of group workshops and 1-to-1 support in employability and personal and social development. You may also assist to deliver webinars and provide ‘buddy training’ for employers to help them support young people during their placements. You will be helping young people make the most of their Kickstart placement and build the skills and confidence to sustain employment beyond.
You must be comfortable delivering programmes on virtual platforms, as all sessions will be delivered virtually. You may at some point, be asked to occasionally deliver face-to-face, but there are no plans for this anytime soon.
Please click here for the job description. You can also head to our ‘Working with young people’ page for more information. (These will open in a new window, however, if you're viewing from an external job board, please click apply to be directed to our website.)
Why we need Youth Development Leads:
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some who have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives is the right thing to do.
Please note: We will begin reviewing applications prior to the closing date so we advise you to submit something sooner rather than later. If you have already applied, you do not need to reapply.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.