Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Fostering Social Worker
11 February 2022
Horsfield, Bristol with the flexibility to work from home on occasion
28 February 2022
We are looking for an outstanding Fostering Social Worker who can support placements in the South West of England.
The role is for 3 days a week (but there may be the possibility of full time in the future) and includes being part of an Out of Hours Telephone Support Service (through participation in a rota) providing support 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.
Our three linked services, Fostering South West, Fostering South West Peninsula and Family Breaks Devon provide high quality foster families to vulnerable children and young people from our offices based in Bristol and Exeter.
We also offer the highest standard of care-providing carers with excellent training, supervision and support to achieve the best outcomes for the young people we look after. We strive to provide a good quality of care to young people, always ensuring they are the centre of our approach.
As a Fostering Social Worker, you'll be:
- Providing professional supervision and developmental support, including advice and guidance to fostering families and working with other professionals where appropriate.
- Completing complex assessments of applicants to foster, making appropriate recommendations, with a view to ensure outcome focused achievements for children, young people and families.
- Supporting fostering families to look after children and young people who have experienced trauma and ensuring they have the skills and knowledge to enable them to undertake this complex task within a family home environment.
- Undertaking fostering reviews, providing high quality, analytical reports and presenting to Panel where appropriate, ensuring that children are receiving the best service possible.
- Being accountable for ensuring statutory compliance in respect of notifications etc. and meet regulatory body requirements at all times re. registration.
What You'll Bring:
Our job description for the Fostering Social Worker outlines the requirements of the role but the ‘must-haves' are:
- A Social Work qualification.
- Valid HCPC registration.
- Experience of assessing, supervising and supporting foster carers.
- Experience of managing crisis and breakdown in placements, particularly out of hours.
- A strong commitment to work within our therapeutic framework to support the needs of children.
- The capacity to plan and prioritise, to use electronic records system and IT effectively including participating in virtual meetings and webinars.
- Experience of fostering is preferable.
- UK driving licence and access to a car is desirable as the role requires extensive travel within the South West of England.
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. A diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with and we welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate our differences and as an inclusive workplace we want everyone to be themselves.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
We can't wait to hear from you – stay safe and happy.
Application Process: There are 5 sections for you to complete, Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration. Top Tip... Refer to the job description when writing your Supporting Statement.
Interview Date: Thursday, 10th March 2022 – this date can change in special circumstances, but we do our best to stick to this.
Talent Pool: We'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up but do let us know if you'd rather we didn't.
Contact: Emma Goodwin on 01923 361725 who will be happy to support with your application.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.