Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Mental Health Social Worker
£29,439 - £47575
16 November 2023
3 December 2023
About the team we are recruiting to
We value diverse perspectives and experiences and are striving to create a workplace culture that is inclusive, is accepting of all and is free from discrimination and bias.
We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
What is the job role?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join our Mental Health Teams in Coventry. We are happy to recruit experienced professionals and / or newly qualified Social Workers willing to embrace our ‘One Coventry’ values.
Coventry is a modern, growing, culturally and ethnically diverse City. The City has a worldwide reputation for Peace and Reconciliation. We are at the heart of the busy and industrial Midlands and yet surrounded by beautiful rural Warwickshire which is minutes away. Being well served by extensive road and rail networks, Coventry is easily accessed from most parts of the Country.
You will be supporting people living with a range of mental health challenges including psychosis, mood disorders and cognitive impairments by virtue of dementia. The Teams are fully multi disciplinary and work towards specific interventions embracing strength-based recovery practices, Safeguarding, The Care Act, Mental Health and Mental Capacity Acts.
The Teams incorporate Community Mental Health Nurses, Approved Mental Health Professionals, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Support Workers and Clerical Staff. Our Community Mental Health Teams are based at Swanswell Point in Coventry City Centre and the Dementia Service is based at Longford Health Centre in the North of Coventry.
Keen to join the team? If you feel you fit the criteria then apply today! To find out further information and for an informal discussion please contact Simon McGarry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07974 099084 / 024 7697 6256
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Social Worker England registered (or about to register) Social Workers with a passion for promoting independence and aiding recovery from the effects of disabling mental health disorders. The successful candidates will have:
Excellent assessment skills
- Working knowledge of and application of MHA, MCA, The Care Act and Children’s Act
- A working knowledge of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Excellent risk assessment and management skills
- Organisation, recording and workload management skills
- Diplomacy, negotiating, listening skills.
- Be able to work in collaboration with users, carers and colleagues.
- To work as part of a team
- Have autonomy and decision-making skills
- Develop personal home treatment plans
- Good IT skills
- Have a vision for your own career development and future training
- Resilience, flexibility, stamina and a great sense of humour!
In return you will benefit from:
- Be welcomed in joining a highly professional and thoroughly hard working, friendly team
- Group and individual professional supervision from the Senior Practitioner / Team Manager within the team.
- Excellent in house and external training opportunities.
- Opportunities to experience and present at various professional forums including our Pre-Court Legal Panel and AMHP Forums.
- Highly competitive salary with career development opportunities
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Job Description and Person Specification
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
Job Description and Person Specification