Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Practitioner / Manager
21 April 2023
9 May 2023
Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you keen to take a step up to a management role whilst also being able to undertake practice? Do you have a commitment to improving outcomes for Children and Young People with additional needs?
If so, this could be your chance to lead our amazing team, funded by Wiltshire Council, which delivers fun, high quality out of school provision for children and young people with SEND across North, West and East Wiltshire.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Work 18.5 hours per week including Saturdays to supervise, plan and support service delivery
- Ensure children's voices are heard and remain central to everything we do.
- Coordinate and lead at least one of our short breaks clubs per month which operate on Saturdays and some school holidays.
- Supervise our play coordinators who lead our other clubs including the coordinator for our evening youth clubs and social clubs for children and young people on the autistic spectrum.
- Recruit and manage a team of sessional staff who are delivering our short breaks clubs and youth clubs
- Liaise with parents and professionals across the county to ensure we deliver a safe and high quality service to over 100 young people per year
- Ensure children's needs are met within our service through the implementation of robust Health and Safety and Safeguarding practice, undertaking risk assessments and liaising with other agencies as required.
- Coordinate the production of quarterly reports for commissioners and produce newsletters for families and staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Have considerable experience of undertaking direct work with children with additional needs
- Have experience of supervising staff and / or volunteers
- Demonstrate an ability to engage positively with parents and carers
- Have a solid understanding of safeguarding and good health and safety practice especially with children with additional needs.
- Be able to work on their own initiative whilst also being a good team player.
- Be home based ( for which a working from home allowance is paid)
- Be available to travel across Wiltshire to support services as required( for which a mileage allowance will be paid)
In return you will:
- Receive training and regular supervision
- Be part of our Operational Management Group across the South West region where you will join with other Managers with a wide range of experience and interests
- Work in an organisation which is committed to making a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children and young people
- Work in a service which has been established in Wiltshire for over 12 years and has built strong relationships within the local community.
If you wish to know more about the role please email email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion
We know that our colleagues go above and beyond in delivering our vital work, driven by their passion and commitment to Barnardo's values. We also know that we can only realise our ambitions and achieve better outcomes for more children, thanks to the talent, hard work and creativity of our people.
For all these reasons, we are committed to a new approach to pay and reward, to ensure it is fair, attractive and progressive, which should be in place by 1st April 2023. This is a positive change for the charity, and a key pillar of our People & Culture Strategy. It will assist us in supporting colleagues to grow and develop in their career at Barnardo's.
Please note due to the high volume of applications for some posts, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. We recommend that you apply for this role as soon as possible.
WORKPLACE OFFER: WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU
The world of work has changed. We are understanding of what works best for our colleagues both current and future as we look to embrace this new way of working. Our hybrid working initiative is based on trust, flexibility and empowerment. We understand our workplace offer means different things to different people, and we encourage those conversations. This may mean working at one of our stores, services, working at home, at one of our Collaboration Hubs or any combination of these.
- Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave via our HolidayPlus scheme
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- Service related sick pay from day 1
- Access to a Group Personal Pension with a matched 4% or 6% contribution from Barnardo's. Ability to pay via salary sacrifice to garner both tax and NI savings on your own contribution
- Death in service cover of 4x annual earnings for all staff contributing to our Group Personal Pension
- Cycle2work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via our Benefit Portal
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to Barnardo's Corporate University
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Our basis and values
Our basis and values
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
Our basis and values