Our basis and values
Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
25 September 2023
12 October 2023
Barnardo's are excited to be recruiting to a new post – a Wellbeing Practitioner who will be embedded within the Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children and Young People (UASC) team within Nottinghamshire County Council. This new opportunity will be part of the larger Time 2 Talk team based within Nottinghamshire County Council's Leaving Care team.
We are recruiting to one fixed term post of one year at 37 hours per week. This post will be employed by Barnardo's and will be embedded within Nottinghamshire County Council's UASC team so will primarily be based in Arnold. However the post will involve travel across the County and potentially further afield depending on where UASC young people are located. Nottinghamshire County Council's UASC team works across children in care and leaving care services, and works with young people from the age of approx. 14 to 25.
We are looking to recruit 1 full time (37 hours) Wellbeing Practitioner for one year with the following qualifications/skills/experience:
- A professional qualification (Minimum Diploma level), with evidence of continuing professional development in a field relevant to child and young person mental health
- Registered with a Professional Body such as BACP, HCPC, UKCP, NMC
- Experience in supporting children and young people in one or more ways detailed below:
- Person Centred Therapy
- Behavioural (DBT, CBT)
- An understanding of the challenges UASC young people face.
- An understanding of legislation and policies in relation to Safeguarding young people.
- A commitment to and understanding of the need to work with UASC young people in a trauma informed way.
- A commitment to working in partnership and collaborating with the Leaving Care team and Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust particularly the Transitions team, the Children in Care CAMHS team and Adult Mental Health services.
- Experience offering mental health support, consultation and interventions to young people and professionals working with them; ensuring the young person actively participates in planning their own support.
Please note due to the high volume of applications for some posts, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. We recommend that you apply for this role as soon as possible.
Pay & Reward Framework
We know that our colleagues go above and beyond in delivering our vital work, driven by their passion and commitment to Barnardo's values. We also know that we can only realise our ambitions and achieve better outcomes for more children, thanks to the talent, hard work and creativity of our people.
For all these reasons, we are committed to a new approach to pay and reward, to ensure it is fair, attractive and progressive, which was rolled out 1st April 2023. This is a positive change for the charity, and a key pillar of our People & Culture Strategy. It will assist us in supporting colleagues to grow and develop in their career at Barnardo's as it will offer clear routes of progression for colleagues to progress through the pay band of their role.
Whilst the full pay band and salary range is advertised, our approach to starting salaries is to appoint between the minimum to mid-point of the pay band – this ensures that pay progression steps are available to reward our colleagues annually based on their contribution to excellence and alignment to our values and behaviours. More details on Barnardo's pay framework can be found upon application.
Workplace Offer: What it means for you
The world of work has changed. We are understanding of what works best for our colleagues both current and future as we look to embrace this new way of working. Our hybrid working initiative is based on trust, flexibility and empowerment. We understand our workplace offer means different things to different people, and we encourage those conversations. This may mean working at one of our stores, services, working at home, at one of our Collaboration Hubs or any combination of these.
- Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave via our HolidayPlus scheme
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- Service related sick pay from day 1
- Access to a Group Personal Pension with a matched 4% or 6% contribution from Barnardo's. Ability to pay via salary sacrifice to garner both tax and NI savings on your own contribution
- Death in service cover of 4x annual earnings for all staff contributing to our Group Personal Pension
- Cycle2work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via our Benefit Portal
- 20% discount at Barnardo's stores
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to Barnardo's Learning and Development offer
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is reflected in our values and our practice, and we have invested in this area of our work to ensure that we can deliver on our commitments to be an inclusive employer. EDI is a key enabler of our purpose as a charity and we want to ensure that the diversity of our teams is reflective of the communities we serve and that we continue to learn and develop our work with a focus on inclusion. We particularly encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minoritised Ethnic Communities, candidates who are LGBT+ and Disabled candidates.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Our basis and values
Our basis and values
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.
Our basis and values