Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Assistant Residential Worker
30 June 2022
The Gower, Swansea
13 July 2022
Ty Laura Short Breaks is a 5-bed residential service which provides short breaks for children and young people aged 5-17 with disabilities. As an Assistant Residential Worker, you'll help our team provide a safe, stimulating, fun and caring environment, supporting the children with household tasks and all aspects of their care. We've recently purchased a number of caravans onsite at a local holiday park, offering ample amenities for our children and young people.
You will make a difference by:
- Providing a safe environment where children and young people can enjoy time with their friends
- Working towards identified outcomes and goals to give them a positive future
- Helping them in all aspects of their daily lives (including personal care) and supporting their health and happiness, helping them to work towards identified outcomes and goals
- Helping to promote independence
- Maintaining safeguarding practices within the service
You will need:
- A positive approach, providing a fun environment for all the children in our care
- Experience of working with children and young people
- QCF Level 3 Working with Children and Young People is desirable or similar or be willing to work towards it
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good IT skills
- A driving licence is desirable and we can offer training to drive the project mini bus
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
We can't wait to hear from you – stay safe and happy.
Application Process: There are 5 sections for you to complete, Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration. Top Tip... Refer to the job description when writing your Supporting Statement.
Talent Pool: We'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up but do let us know if you'd rather we didn't.
Contact: Scott Jones on 01923 361 778 who will be happy to support with your application.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.