Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
AYE Social Worker
8 June 2023
21 June 2023
We have an excellent opportunity for an AYE Social Worker to complete their qualification with us. After the AYE year you'll be eligible for a pay increase in line with our fully qualified Social Workers.
A bit about the role
Our Clooney Family Centre offers a range of early intervention services including: Crèche, Parenting education, Group-based parenting programmes, Individual parenting interventions, Therapeutic interventions for children and young people, on a group and individual basis, After school and summer activities and Signposting and advocacy. The children and families who use our services can come from self-referrals as well as from other organisations.
How you'll help to create brighter futures
- Working on a 121 basis with children, young people and their families.
- Assessing the needs of the children, young people and their families.
- Providing direct interventions.
- Working directly with children and/or families either in groups on or a 121 basis, including in their homes.
- Supporting the Social Worker and wider team to provide positive outcomes.
Let's talk about you
- A degree in Social Work.
- Experience of direct work with children and families would be an advantage.
- Experience of delivering parenting programmes.
- Experience of working with children with anxiety.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised, using your own initiative to problem solve.
- Access to a car with business insurance. The job requires the ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act.
Good to know
Application Process: There are five sections to complete: Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration.
Talent Pool: We know talent when we see it. But sometimes we find the right person but not for the right job. We'd love to keep your details for when the right job comes up. Let us know if you'd rather we didn't.
Contact: Emma Goodwin at Emma.Goodwin@actionforchilcren.org.uk or call her on 01923 361725.
Diversity, equality and inclusion
At Action for Children, we're dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We actively encourage applications from Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic and disabled candidates as they are under-represented within Action for Children. We want to take deliberate and purposeful action to ensure equal opportunity to all groups in society and for Action for Children.
Male staff are under-represented within our Children Service roles. We would like to encourage more male applicants for our Children Service roles.
Don't meet every single requirement?
If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with the job description, we'd love you to apply anyway. You might just be the perfect person for this role, or another role within the Action for Children family.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.