Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
3 May 2022
Chandlers Ford, Basingstoke, Hybrid
27 May 2022
This role is a hybrid role with the successful candidate working from an office location of either Chandlers Ford or Basingstoke with the option to work two days a week from home. As a Children & Young Persons Domestic Abuse Caseworker you will be:
- working closely with the domestic abuse and children's team to offer support to children and young people as well as their parent/carers as appropriate.
- To deliver tailored support to victims of domestic abuse, following a needs assessment, risk assessment and safety planning process.
You will need: -
- Excellent communication, negotiation and advisory skills, both written and verbal when interacting with a range of agencies and individuals
- Ability to use IT competently including Microsoft Word, Excel and Case Management systems in order to keep accurate records and monitoring your performance
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
Victim Support (VS) is an independent charity providing a range of specialist services to people who have been affected by crime across England and Wales. We work towards a world where there are fewer victims but who have stronger rights, better support and a real influence in the Criminal Justice System. Everyone at VS is driven by our Vision Ambitions and Values to play their part in making a difference for those who experience crime and traumatic events. Working for VS gives you the opportunity to play a key role in a national charity providing high quality services to victims and witnesses and being a vital force for change.
Victim Support are committed to recruiting with care and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and Disclosed Barring Service checks may be required.
Victim Support is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe having a diverse workforce at all levels allows us to represent the communities we serve and connect better with people affected by crime. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds. We therefore welcome applicants from all communities and monitor the diversity of applicants to analyse if we are representative of the communities we serve in terms of sex, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, trans identity, relationship status, religion or belief, caring responsibilities, age and socio-economic status. As part of our commitment to the Race at Work Charter we would particularly welcome applicants from BAME communities.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the link below to the Jobs page on our website, and complete the application form demonstrating how you meet the essential shortlisting criteria.
We looking forward to hearing from you.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive enough suitable applications to take forward to interview prior to the published closing date.
What we offer:
At Victim Support we believe in attracting & retaining the best people and offer a competitive rewards & benefits package including:
- Flexible working options including hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 30 days plus Bank Holidays
- Pension with 5% employer contribution
- Enhanced sick pay allowances & maternity payments
- High Street, retail, holiday, entertainment & leisure discounts
- Access to our financial wellbeing hub & salary deducted finance
- Employee assistance programme & wellbeing support
- Ongoing training & support with opportunities for career development & progression
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.