Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Caseworkers– Bristol Mental Health
£22,183 - £25,991
24 January 2022
Bristol, City of Bristol
2 February 2022
Do you want to work in a role where you can support people to rebuild their lives?
About the roles
The Bristol Men’s Mental Health Crisis House in Central Bristol, is a project that supports men with their mental health and other related support needs; in a setting that is staffed 24 hours. The focus of the service is to work collaboratively with clients, supporting them in a safe and supportive environment to develop recovery orientated goals and crisis management plans.
Our service is a psychologically informed environment in which clients and staff build trusting and respectful relationships which aim to empower clients. Working as a Caseworker you will provide specific mental health, housing and other related support to clients; helping them to develop strong networks within the immediate and wider community, and by developing the clients understanding of recovery you will work with them on their individual needs to reduce the likelihood or need for hospital admission.
In this role you will work on the weekly shift rota that includes evenings and weekends.
This is great role to develop skills in, we are looking for dedicated people who will have a commitment to our recovery ethos; and genuine interest to empower individuals to make positive changes. You should also have:
- An understanding of the support needs and requirements of people with complex mental health and other associated needs.
- Great communication skills and the ability to establish an effective working relationship with clients and other staff.
- The ability to recognise and respond to difficult or challenging situations.
- The ability to carry out comprehensive and individualised assessment, reports and action planning.
- The understanding; and interest in promoting client involvement to achieve the best outcomes for client individual needs.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Pay and Other Benefits
- For this role staff can claim an additional 20% pay premium for hours worked between 8pm and 8am Monday to Friday, and all hours worked on Saturday and Sunday.
- St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply Now’ Button at the top of the page to start your online application form.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 2 February 2022
Interview and assessments on: 17-18 February 2022
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.