Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
Senior Social Worker
£43,184 - £50,521
27 November 2023
12 December 2023
As a Senior Social Worker with Change Grow Live you will role model and lead ethical and evidence-based practice, focusing on the experience for people who use services. You will be a specialist lead to the team, providing advice and consultation on risk, safeguarding and complex needs. You will also provide professional oversight of the Designated Safeguarding Lead/s in the team and provide professional accountability for complex decision making and work collaboratively with the multi- disciplinary team to establish safe and effective ways to work with people.
About the role:
- Lead social workers, social work apprentices, and where relevant, related team members, across the service, providing operational management and professional reflective supervision
- Offer quality assurance and on-going learning to support the team with completion of effective referrals and sustaining effective referral pathways
- Coach and develop the team to work with people where there are complex issues related to substance misuse such as to domestic abuse, child exploitation, criminal justice, caring responsibilities, mental health, safeguarding
- Be the strategic lead for identified, specific areas of the service i.e. Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC), Adults’ Safeguarding or Children Safeguarding, and attend relevant external meetings representing the service and the organisation locally, regionally and nationally.
- Oversee the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead contributing to the safety and well-being of people
- Contribute to team and organisational learning by undertaking incident reviews and investigations (including the death of service users) and producing high quality investigation reports.
- Create and sustain strong partnership working
- Support, learning and development of social work students on placement and newly qualified social workers undertaking their ASYE programme.
- Hold a valid qualification in Social Work and be registered with the regulatory body.
- Experience of leadership, motivating and inspiring individuals and teams.
- Be confident in complex decision making related to SU issues, using defensible decision-making skills and clear communication.
- Have strategic decision making and influencing skills.
- Experience and knowledge on the working practice of Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults.
- The ability to lead, inspire and develop a team with excellent team working and interpersonal skills, developing positive working cultures and relationships.
- Excellent team working, communication and collaboration skills.
- Be able to work flexibly across operational sites as required and to work flexibly within an agreed number of hours to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision. This may involve evening and weekend working.
What we will give to you:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service
- Paid ‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
Please read attached Job Description and Role Specifics for a more detailed outline of responsibilities and Person Specification
If this sounds like you and you’d like to begin your journey with Change Grow Live, then we’d love to talk to you
Salary Range (pro rata if part time)
CGL points 41 to 48 (£43,184.65 - £50,521.02)
ILW / OLW /Fringe
N/A - Outside London Weighting Area
If you have any questions on this opportunity that you would like to talk through please contact us using the below details:
Cathy Shaw | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.