Watch the 'Working For Essex' video
£33,706 - £40,588
3 April 2023
26 April 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the GHC Social Care Hub as a Band 6 Social Worker based at Invista. This is a newly created post within the Trust and a service development that will take integrated Mental Health Social work practice in Gloucestershire forwards to meet professional challenges of delivering an effective and responsive service.
Work with allocated individuals who have social care needs and serious and enduring mental health difficulties.
develop and provide social care / health evidence based interventions for individuals of working age managed through the Social Care Hub.
Ensure a clear focus on recovery and social inclusion.
Support and supervise both registered and non-registered staff.
Main duties of the job
If you think you could:
- Work alongside service users who experience serious mental illness and support enabling social care provisions
- Work alongside the social work and community teams providing evidence based interventions, assessment and support planning to meet Care Act / Section 117 aftercare eligible needs
- Plan and organise your caseload effectively
- Prepare care plans and work out provisions costings accurately
- Plan services using community facilities and creative care opportunities
while at the same time maintaining the high standards of practice, then this could be the role for you.
You will need to offer:
- Ability to work flexibly, you will be based at Invista but will need to be able to travel around the county and out of county.
- Sound knowledge of mental health issues.
- Experience of The Care Act and its principles, section 117 aftercare.
- Willingness to undertake training and continued professional development.
Working for our organisation
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application.
The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification.
- Social Work Qualification
- Social Work England registration
- Care Act knowledge and skills
- Mental Capacity Act / Mental Heath Act
- Experience of working with adults with enduring mental health problems
- Practice Educator
- Experience of supervising staff
knowledge and skills
- Care Act application to practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development
knowledge and skills
- Current legislation
Join an informal drop-in session
Would you like to register your interest in an interview for this position?
This job's application window has now closed.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe for free today and receive updates about other jobs like this one.